Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Songs that made the Hit Parade

Have you ever sang karaoke? I have always been of two thoughts when considering singing in front of strangers:
1. It would have to be a totally awesome song that everyone knows but isn't TOO tired as a karaoke song.
2. It would have to be a song that actually makes me sound decent and not like a frog.
3. Ok, I have three. An adult beverage or two beforehand for courage might be required.

I've got a couple in mind, especially for a duet. First would be the theme song to "All In the Family." Yes, I know this show officially ended before I was even born. However, my dad and I watched it all the time, along with MASH, Hogan's Heroes, Gomer Pyle, and lots of other oldies-but-goodies on Nick at Nite. I am not sure I understand those shows to this day but I can sure sing that theme song. Jeff does a pretty good Archie too! So that's on the list.

One of my favorite things about the Smithsonian was seeing their chairs displayed there. 


Next would be some angry song, likely "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette. Almost anyone can do an angry song so I should be good there and I've always appreciated good irony.

Speaking of songs, Hunter and I have a new favorite song. Here's a clip.
We heard this separately in our different church services and we both loved it right away! Such a powerful song!

Another song that has made my hit parade recently is that one about base and treble. You know it. It's about being proud of your own God-given body and while not completely wholesome, has a good message for girls and women. 


And one last song that marshals my parade, this week especially, is this one:

It's Bedlam this Saturday! Beat OSU! Boomer Sooner!








No comments:

Post a Comment