Friday, November 21, 2014

I should have timed myself!

This is something every mom who has a bus-riding child can probably relate to. At least I hope so because otherwise I'm a terrible parent. Today, I was happily working away and up popped my daily reminder to go meet Peyton at her bus. It is set to remind me 10 minutes before her bus arrives. Normally I close the reminder and go to the stop. So I closed it but then got distracted by an email. I finish my email, start working on something else, and then look at the clock and realize that her bus is likely just now pulling up to the stop. I go racing out of the house, catching the attention of at least two neighbors (parent shame), huffing and puffing down the three blocks to the stop, and it's not there yet. I've never ran so fast in my life and I've ran a 5k.
Here I am in my very first 5k, the Hot Mamas Run!

I should have timed myself - it would have been a PR for that distance, I'm sure! As I'm desperately catching my breath and trying not to die, here that big yellow bus comes lumbering down the street. So let this be a lesson to you - never ignore your reminder to pick up your children. It could mean the difference between setting a PR and being a good mom. Wait, I might have that wrong. Either way, TGIF!  


Not at the bus stop but a cute pic of us on the flight from Tulsa to D.C.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, don't beat yourself up! It happens to the best of us. You're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I don't think I could sprint three blocks if I tried!

    ReplyDelete