Monday, November 17, 2014

It's ok to go to bed at 6pm, right?

YAWN. I am so so sleepy. This past week has been a whirlwind of travel, work, travel, sightseeing, travel, just a tad more touristy stuff, and travel. Every November, I travel to my company's HQ outside of Washington, D.C. and it's typically an airport to hotel to office to restaurant to hotel to office to airport type of trip. No seeing of the sights. No lolly-gagging about town. But THIS year! OMG! My beautiful, amazing, awesome co-worker offered us the use of her cozy basement and we got to stay and have a lovely family vacation. Sharon was a most gracious host and her enchiladas were so yummy! The chocolate on the pillows, brand-spanking-new bedding, and fresh flowers on the desk are the reason I will stay no other place when I visit again if she's kind enough to let me. We also had a chance to visit her neighborhood brewery which was so fun to navigate to in the dark because just when you think you can go straight, NOPE, please turn right. Good thing it was worth it! We should have walked, right, Sharon?
Jeff with his Old Bust Head Brewery sample
I have around 350 photos from our trip and I am scared I might run you off so I'll just sprinkle a few here and there. We had such a good time, minus the girls nagging and fighting, and we definitely saw a lot of places. Here are a couple of my favorite "monument/memorial" pictures:
The Washington Monument at sunset

Looking toward the Lincoln Memorial from the Washington Monument, again at sunset but a different day
Love the panorama mode on my smart phone. This is the WWII memorial.

The Oklahoma wreath at the WWII memorial

"Jenny!"

By the time we arrived at Lincoln's feet, it was so dark and my phone was almost dead so no flash!
I have lots more to share, especially from the American History museum. There is a whole exhibit on FOOD! And the Presidents and First Ladies exhibit was fascinating! I will save those for another time. Except for this one and please excuse the poor quality.
Rosalynn Carter's Inaugural Gown. I absolutely love this. I don't know why because it's not that fancy but doesn't it look so comfy?!
Now, I believe that since daylight savings time has come to an end, it is perfectly acceptable to go to bed when it's dark out. I suppose I could make dinner for the kids first but do they really need to eat? Sigh. The things mothers do for their children...

Until tomorrow when I will barrage you with more travel pictures! Oh and one more thing:
Not exactly a Sooner thing but still pretty cool to find in the Smithsonian!

And a last huge THANK YOU to my friend Sharon! Please also tell Chip, KP, and Amanda that we enjoyed meeting them and wish we could have stayed longer!


1 comment:

  1. What a great trip and terrific photos! Now you've DEFINITELY made me want to go there!

    ReplyDelete